The basic goal of the fire management policies and plan at factory is to meet resource management objectives while safeguarding workers, stakeholder safety and private property. The step to create fire management plan is:
- Open a fire register
- Keep emergency contact no: Fire department, hospital, local police station. Also to be posted in a legible area of the office.
- Operations/administration- check equipments (expiry date). To be checked twice a year and updated in the register
- Form teams- fire fighting, evacuation, first aid (Manager to designate at least 2 people per team on a rotation basis of 6 months).
- Training – to be provided to all associates by local fire department or retired fire warden/marshal and/or Compliance team
- Conduct drill at least twice a year-register to be maintained. To inform Local Fire Department of due compliance.
- Means of escape- fire escape routes, location of fire equipment and aids to be shown to all associates and evacuation plan to be posted in a clearly legible area.
- Disaster Management contact no’s to be maintained in register.
- Compliance with the above is the responsibility of the Individual IBO. Compliance Managers to update relevant Sourcing head and Social Responsibility Department of due compliance with the above.